From time to time, we all need a bit of inspiration to give shape to ideas, strategies, plans, paths. We have gathered for you the 60 best Marketing quotes (plus a bonus), in order to kickstart your 2017.
Learning from the best is always a good practice. Especially so in the universe of Digital Marketing, where everything changes at light speed. “Internet years are roughly comparable to dog years”, Brent Hoberman – founder of lastminute.com –Â once said. Every year that goes by on the internet brings on evolutions and revolutions worth several years of the regular world.
In Email Marketing and Content Marketing alike, always thinking ahead of timesÂ is of crucial importance. And in order to start the new year on the right foot, what could be better than finding inspiration and motivation among the words of the biggest marketers of all?
Share the marketing quotes that best resonate with you and let us know which ones will inspire your own 2017!
Digital Marketing Quotes
- Good marketers see consumers as complete human beings with all the dimensions real people have.
- The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.
- People donâ€™t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.
- Marketing is not the art of finding clever ways to dispose of what you make. It is the art of creating genuine customer value.
- Instead of one-way interruption, Web marketing is about delivering useful content at just the right moment that a buyer needs it.
David Meerman Scott
- The Internet has been the most fundamental change during my lifetime and for hundreds of years.
- The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
- Think about changing the mantra from always be closing, to always be helping.
- Build relationships, not links.
Scott Wyden Kivowitz
- The future of retail is the integration of Internet and digital services with the retail network.
- The next horizon will be deep integration of the physical and interactive worlds. The future of online is offline.
Email Marketing Quotes
- Email is the greatest thing.
- The new information technology, Internet and e-mail, have practically eliminated the physical costs of communications.
Peter F. Drucker
- A small list that wants exactly what youâ€™re offering is better than a bigger list that isnâ€™t committed.
- Email has an ability many channels donâ€™t: creating valuable, personal touches â€“ at scale.
- Start testing and stop arguing.
- Focus on growing your list all of the time as newer subscribers are more engaged adding to healthier open rates and ROI.
- Personalisation â€“ it is not about first/last name. Itâ€™s about relevant content.
- Quality over quantity â€“ Emails may best cost efficient but itâ€™s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience.
- Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them email until they do.
- I want to do business with a company that treats emailing me as a privilege, not a transaction.
- Design like you are absolutely right, then optimize like you were wrong from the start.
Jordie van Rijn
- An email address is like a customerâ€™s â€śdigital fingerprintâ€ť.
- Every email is a customer survey of your target market, by testing they vote on what resonates best with them.
- On average, 8 out of 10 people will read your headline copy, but only 2 out 10 will read the rest.
- To get the right message to the right person at the right time you first need to get the right data to the right database at the right time.
- How to write a good email: 1. Write your email 2. Delete most of it 3. Send.
Content Marketing Quotes
- Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.
- You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.
- Speak to your audience in their language about whatâ€™s in their heart.
- Your brand is a story unfolding across all customer touch points.
- Make the customer the hero of your story.
- If you can’t explain it to a 6-year old, you don’t know it yourself.
- We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.
- One of the best ways to sabotage your content is to not tie itÂ to your goals. Know why youâ€™re creating content.
- Content marketing is all the marketing thatâ€™s left.
- How do we get found in search engines? How do we get people to talk about us on social? We better be interesting and helpful, and we better do that on a consistent basis.
- Commit to a niche; try to stop being everything to everyone.
- Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.
- There are three objectives for content marketing: reach engagement conversion. Define key metrics for each.
Social Media Marketing Quotes
- Social media are tools. Real time is a mindset.
David Meerman Scott
- Twitter is not a technology. It’s a conversation and it’s happening with or without you.
- Keep it short. No one reads more than the first paragraph. You have 10 seconds, make it count.
- Social Media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.
- Think like a publisher, not a marketer.
David Meerman Scott
- Focus on how to be social, not how to do social.
Marketing asÂ innovation, dream,Â and thinking big
- If you’re a good marketing person, you have to be a little crazy.
- If youâ€™re not failing now and again, itâ€™s a sign youâ€™re not doing anything innovative.
- Be where the world is going.
- Think big and donâ€™t listen to people who tell you it canâ€™t be done. Lifeâ€™s too short to think small.
- Inspiration doesn’t respond to meeting requests. You can’t schedule greatness.
- Know thyself. Know the customer. Innovate.
- Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice.
- Risk – calculated risk – is key to success online.
- An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.
- Donâ€™t continue to do what youâ€™ve always done just because itâ€™s easy to do!
- Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today wonâ€™t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.
- Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we dont catch up, weâ€™re in trouble.